- Go to the Contacts overview page by clicking “Contacts” in the top menu:
- Define the group of contacts you want to enter the automation, click into the “Search Contacts” input field. When you do, an “Advanced search” option will appear. Click “Advanced search.”
The Segment Builder will appear at the top of the screen.You can now define the conditions that specify the group of contacts you want to add. Note that you can use “AND” conditions, to make the group more specific, or “OR” conditions, to broaden the group.
- Once you have conditions created for the desired group of contacts, click the “Search” button. This will display only the contacts that match your conditions.
- Click “Edit” and then “All ## contacts.” The exact number of contacts will depend on how many of your contacts match your conditions. This will bring up the Bulk Editor. Note all the options you have available to you. The Bulk Editor is a powerful feature. For this situation, we will select the “Add to automation” action by clicking it.
- You will be prompted to choose the automation you want to add the contacts to:
Click the down arrow and then select the automation by clicking it. Once you’ve selected the automation you want to add them to, click the blue “Add to automation” button.
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to do this because it cannot be undone. After you’ve confirmed you want to add them, you will receive a confirmation that the bulk add is processing.